Northumbria University is situated in Newcastle City Centre, which is located in the North East of England, approximately 15 miles from the coast. The city is easily accessible by Rail, Air and Car and there are fantastic public transport links in and around the city.
Road travel, by coach or car, is particularly easy as Newcastle stands on the premier north-south route in the UK.
- From the North: Take the A19 or A68
- From the South: Take the A1(M) or A19
- From the West: Take the A69.
Newcastle Central station is the main railway station in the city and is situated on the East coast mainline. The station is within walking distance to Northumbria city campus (approx. 16-17 minutes) and New Bridge Street accommodation (18-19minutes) or a short journey on the metro. Rail services operate from many cities across the UK. Walking routes from the Station to the University campus and the accommodation are shown below:
Newcastle hosts the UK’s second largest Metro system. The closet metro station to Northumbria University Campus and the conference venue is Haymarket which is a 5-minute journey from Newcastle Central Station and a 20-minute journey from Newcastle Airport.
- Central Station to Haymarket – Platform 2 -trains towards St. James via the Coast – 2 stops (no changes).
- Airport to Haymarket – Platform 1– trains towards City Centre- 11 stops(no changes).
The closet Metro station to New Bridge Street Accommodation is Manors metro. If you are travelling from either the Airport or Central station, you can catch a metro from these locations travelling towards the City Centre you will need to change at Monument.
- Central Station to Manors – Platform 2 -trains towards St. James via the Coast – 1 stop – change to platform 4 at Monument – train toward South Shields via the Coast – 1 stop.
- Airport to Haymarket – Platform 1– trains towards City Centre- 12 stops – change to platform 3 at Monument – trains toward South Shields via the Coast – 1 stop.
Newcastle Airport is located 7 miles from the city centre and is easily accessible by car and metro links. A taxi from the airport to the city centre takes around 15 minutes and costs around £13. The Airport offers direct flights from many UK cities.
Newcastle International Airport
Tel: +44 (0)871 882 1122
City Campus Map